February 9, 2015

BASIC BUT SO NOT


My weekend was spent mostly catching up on work and wrapping up on my on-going projects. Busy season started 2 weeks ago and I'm already swamped with workload. Friday night, Chris took me to see one of my favorite DJ's, Above & Beyond, performed at The Forum in LA. I haven't been to a concert for a while and I was exhausted by the time 11pm. But some how, we managed to still make it to EMC seafood for late night happy hour. Mmmm. Saturday was spent mostly in bed recovering from the night before. Why? It was because we stayed out too late. Old folks like us can no longer hang with the young crowd.



But aside from that, I finally had a chance to sport my favourite silk blouse from APC that I purchased a while back. I found this hidden gem at Nordstrom Rack for more than 60% off! Love myself a good deal. I paired it with this faux leather mini skirt from H&M. I've been loving the mini leather skirt trend and when I saw this at H&M, it was love at first sight. This skirt fits perfectly for my petite frame and requires no alteration at all. It's staple piece that I'm so happy to have in my wardrobe. What I love about this skirt are the two front zippers and the faux suede details. They make a basic skirt look so not..... basic. 

Shirt: APC Paris // Skirt: H&M, purchase here // Shoes: Asos // Purse: Proenza Schouler

Shop similiar items here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment